Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July Weekend

Wow this weekend was a busy one, and the word weekend is kinda a loose term because the "weekend" lasted a whole week. It started off on Wednesday when we all woke up at 4:00 to go watch the balloons lift of at 5:30, of course I got the time wrong and they didn't lift off until 7:30 the next day. Although they did inflate but sadly due to weather they were grounded for that day. Good thing our hotel was close and we could still see them when they really lifted off the next day. We finished up Wednesday shopping for my little sister. Everyone who knows me knows that shopping is one of my favorite things to do so of course I had a blast.
After the balloons and the shopping we went to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens. Those gardens are AMAZING! the flowers and trees are stunning and the waterfall is just breathtaking. Next on out list of a million things to do was go to the Temple open house which of course was beautiful.
After the open house we drove back up to Logan to watch the "Land of the Free, Home of the Brave" stadium of fire. Those fireworks were great! they were totally worth the six dollars that we paid to get in, I cant wait till next year when we can go again.

Malin fell asleep during the large fireworks at the stadium so he missed a large part of them how anyone could sleep with all that noise is beyond me. During the home fireworks there were times for when it was loud bright and just an Amazing sight. After I took these photos it reminded me of the saying " hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil".

We also went to Bridger Bay Beach which was an adventure. The kids loved playing in the sand but the salt in the water burned the scrapes on their knees so we didn't spend that much time swimming.
For the first time ever we went to the Cache Valley Cruise in Car Show. If I had to say one word to describe the show it would be WOW. There were so many cars we only got to see a third before Sterling had to leave for work, but this is another thing that I plan on going to again next year. Every fourth of July would not be complete with out a camping trip. So camping we went, in the backyard.
All in all this was a great weekend I am so happy my family got to come up and I hope they will all come again next year.






2 comments:

Julie and Nate said...

We've been wondering if you still had family around or if they've left. Kenlie has been wanting to play with Kira and asking me all the time, but I didn't want to bug you with all of your family there.

Megan Miley and Chris said...

How did you get in for $6???