Thursday, August 13, 2009

Picking Apricots


We have tonz of fruit I am talking about 15 apple trees 2 pear trees and to my great surprise one apricot tree I just love apricots and was so excited when I saw that one of the little trees out front was a apricot tree and was producing fruit! this tiny tree produced 57 apricots! and oh are they delicious and bug free to boot unlike the apple trees which we forgot to spray so we don't have a bug free apple out of the ten zillion apples out there. Oh well we learned for next year that spraying is a necessity. Now what to do with my lovely apricots, should I make jam, fruit leather, dehydrate or just freeze them for shakes later I just don't know...

2 comments:

M&L said...

I am pretty sure you have my dream backyard!!! You guys should think about re-rooting some branches and grow them a little then sell them. I would buy some those grow great!

Larson Family said...

How fun! I'm so jealous that you guys have such a fun backyard!

Hey, we need to get our kids together sometime to play again.